Based at RSPCA Animal Centre, Halifax
Deputy Animal Care Supervisor
Salary £16,243.56 per annum
With a relevant Animal Care qualification either NVQ level 2/3 or a Diploma, applicants should have one years’ experience of working in a kennel environment.
You will need to possess excellent organisation skills and have previous experience of animal handling and training. Candidates will also have good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to motivate, inspire and positively influence staff and volunteers.
You will be highly motivated and able to work under pressure on your own initiative whilst retaining a good sense of humour. You will be empathetic towards others in, sometimes, difficult circumstances.
The vacancy is for immediate start. A flat will be available in September if required.
A driving licence is desirable.
Please see the job description, person specification and application form below.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 17th June
Interviews will take place at RSPCA Animal Centre, Halifax on 28th June 2018
Based at RSPCA our hebden Bridge Charity Shop
Deputy Shop Manager
Full Time Salary £15814 (pro rata for part Time)
Due to Maternity we have a vacancy for a Full Time Deputy manager ( or 2 part Time ) to cover maternity leave on a 1 year fixed term contract. We are seeking talented and dedicated individuals to join our team. You must be experienced in retail shop management, commercially aware and have a flair for fashion and retail display. Ideally you will have worked in charity retail before. You will have passion and leadership and be able to work in a hands-on environment. The work is hard but never dull, and provides the opportunity for personal fulfilment and achievement. The post will support the shop manager and be responsible for opening and closing the shop and management during the shop managers days off as well as general administration, profitability and effectiveness of a charity shop. We offer great job satisfaction knowing that your efforts help to raise funds for the delivery of animal welfare services at our branch animal centre.
Principal Accountabilities are:
- Driving sales to achieve shop retail targets.
- Maximise implementation of gift aid.
- Merchandising and shop display.
- Recruitment and retention of shop volunteers.
- Stock generation.
- Promote the shop in the local area using all available promotional opportunities.
- Promotion of Branch & Society initiatives and campaigns to promote the awareness of the charity.
You will be able to demonstrate
- Good standard of numeracy and literacy
- Experience in retail shop management
- a flair for fashion and display
- Hard work and dedication in a challenging environment
- Good communication skills
- Ability to develop and motivate a team.
- A clear understanding of legislation as it applies to Health & Safety, Animal Welfare, Data Protection, Equality and Diversity and Employment.
Working Week- 5 days out of 7 for full time 37.5 hrs
The position could also be covered by 2 part time deputies working either 2 or 3 days per week
Closing Date for reciept of applications is Friday 8th June 2018