Based at RSPCA Animal Centre, Halifax
Starting salary-minimum wage, 37.5 hours a week.
One year fixed term contract.
With a relevant NVQ level 2 and a minimum of 5 GCSE s, applicants should have practical experience in office administration.
You will need to possess excellent organisation skills and have previous experience of working in an office environment. Candidates will also have the ability to communicate fluently and effectively with others at all levels both verbally and in writing.
You will be highly motivated and able to work under pressure on your own initiative whilst retaining a good sense of humour. You will be empathetic towards others in, sometimes, difficult circumstances.
A driving licence is desirable.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Thursday 19th July 2018
Interviews will take place at RSPCA Animal Centre, Halifax on Thursday 26th July 2018
Deputy Charity Shop Managers
Working in Halifax and Huddersfield Area we have 2 vacancies
Salary Range: £15502 per annum plus benefits.(pro-rata for parttime)
37.5 Hours (5 days per week) Full Time fix term contract - maternity cover
22.5 Hours (3 days per week) - Part Time permanent
Deputy Managers work in our charity shops to provide support and work alongside the shop manager and to manage the shop in the shop manager’s absence and during holiday. We are seeking talented and dedicated individuals to join our team. You will be experienced in charity retail. Be ready to take the next step to a management role, commercially aware and have a flair for fashion and retail display. You will have passion and leadership and be able to work in a hands on environment. The work is hard, but never dull and provides the opportunity for personal fulfilment and achievement, the post will have overall responsibility for the administration, profitability and effectiveness of the charity shop. We offer great job satisfaction knowing that your efforts help to raise funds for the delivery of animal welfare services at our branch animal centre.
Principal Accountabilities are:
- Merchandising and shop display.
- Management of shop activities with guidance form the shop manager
- Recruitment and retention of shop volunteers.
- Stock generation.
- Promote the shop in the local area using all available promotional opportunities.
- Implementation of gift aid
- Promotion of Branch & Society initiatives and campaigns to promote the awareness of the charity.
You will be able to demonstrate
- Good standard of numeracy and literacy
- Experienced in retail shop management
- Have a flair for fashion and display
- Hard work and dedication in a challenging environment
- Good communication skills
- Ability to develop and motivate a team.
- able to demonstrate a clear understanding of legislation as it applies to Health & Safety, Animal Welfare, Data Protection, Equality and Diversity and Employment.
To apply, please complete the application form and return to the branch office to
email@example.com The closing date for completed application forms is 31st July 2018
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
It is our vision to work for a world in which humans respect and live in harmony with all other members of the animal kingdom.